Candidates will be required to answer four papers as follows:
- Imaginative Composition or Still Life 2½ hours 100 marks
- Design 2½ hours or Craftwork 5 hours 100 marks
- Life Sketching 1 hour 50 marks
- History and Appreciation of Art 2½ hours 150 marks
The fields of special study covered by the examination are as follows:
- Section I – Art in Ireland (from Prehistoric times to the present)
- Section II – European Art (from 1000 A. D. to the present).
- Section III – Under the heading General Appreciation it is intended to afford
Candidates have an opportunity to discuss topics based on every-day visual experience in their own environment.