What is Business?
The subject is concerned with understanding the environment in which business operates. As a Business student, you are encouraged to show enterprise, initiative and self-reliance, which you may apply in further education and in your personal, working and public life
What do you study?
You study about all aspects of the business world.
How do you benefit by studying business?
- You can make informed business decisions.
- You understand the structure and management of business.
- You will be able to use established commercial principles and knowledge.
- You will understand and appreciate ethics in business.
- You practice your Communication, Literacy, Numeracy and Problem Solving Skills.
- You will be able to understand and discuss current affairs as they relate to business.
- You have a foundation for further studies.
The Leaving Cert Business Course builds on the three year Junior Certificate Business course.
Assessment is the terminal Leaving Cert exam. It is assessed at Higher and Ordinary level