Sport at Portlaoise College
The role of exercise and sport in a child’s life cannot be underestimated and we in Portlaoise College offer a very broad and balanced curriculum in that regard. Every evening after school there is at least one activity offered and there are more and more students getting involved with lunch time and after school activities, here are some of the sorting activities at Portlaoise College:
The school is currently in the process of applying for the Active School Flag.
A committee has been formed and they are currently going through the application process.
Active school week will be held from May 9th-16th. Photos will follow
Sporting Facilities at Portlaoise College
- Olympic size indoor basketball court (with electronic scoreboard and shot clocks)
- Olympic size indoor volleyball court
- 4 x Olympic standard table tennis tables
- Modern changing facilities
- Running track
- Football / Soccer pitches
- Outdoor Tennis / Basketball courts
- Fully equipped Gym